Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Crockpot Cooking



Recently, I have been cooking in my crockpot alot! This is a picture of my actual crockpot! It is a good one, but not fun to clean.

So in honor of my crockpotting, I thought I would share some of my favorite recipes!

Chicken Tacos

Ingredients: 

2-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 package taco mix for chicken

Directions:

Put ingredients in crockpot. I usually have frozen chicken in mine so I put my own high for about 6/7 hours. If your chicken is thawed you might want to cook it on low for 4-6 hours. It will begin to shred. Take a fork and shred the chicken. Serve with your favorite taco "fixins". I like mine on soft tortillas but also can be served with hard taco shells.

Beef Tips
This is GT's favorite. Not mine so much. 

Ingredients:

2 small packages or 1 large package of beef tips or stew meat 
1 package of Lipton onion soup mix
1 can of cream of mushroom

Directions:

Dump everything in crockpot. I also put my beef tips in frozen so I keep them on high for about 8 hours. If your beef tips are thawed, you might want to do low for 8 hours. Serve over rice.

Zesty Italian Chicken (From Kraftfoods.com)

Ingredients:

4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 square margarine
1 packet zesty Italian seasoning (can be found with the McCormick seasoning packages)
Pasta noodles of choice or rice

Directions:
Place all ingredients into crock-pot and cook on low 3-4 hours. After about an hour open crock-pot and stir everything together. When complete, shred or cut chicken into chunks. Serve over steamed rice or pasta of your choice. (Bowtie is really good.)

**This was sooooo good, however, the sauce is kind of thick. Next time I make it, I think I will add a cup of water.**

I just recently found out they make crock pot liners! I have no idea! I am going today to get some. My crockpot is sooooo hard to clean (especially when I burn rotel dip in it....oops.

ALSO, McCormick has recently put out "slow cooker" packages of spices with recipes on the back. I have tried the pulled-pork and honey mustard chicken. Both were good. The honey mustard chicken isnt for the crock-pot, but I made it that way. 

Since I love cooking in the crock-pot, please share some of your favorite recipes!

5 comments:

Dean Family said...

I am queen of crock-pot cooking and LOVE the recipes you've shared on here. I've used all of the McCormick slow-cooker packets...our favorite so far is the Italian Herb Chicken...very yummy. I am very excited to know that they have liners out there...I hope they're cheap. I'll have to try out some of your recipes. Keep em coming!

Lydia & GT said...

The chicken tacos are my favorite, I am cooking them today! When I get the liners, I will let you know how much they are! I am really excited about them! HAHA! A little dorky, I know. I also started following the blog of the woman who cooked in her crockpot everyday for a year. SO far the recipes I have read on it are to much. I want like a 4 or 5 ingredient recipe that I just dump in the pot.

randi frazier anderson said...

Yummy! I'm totally going to the grocery store tomorrow for ingredients to make some of this stuff! I have a favorite chicken stroganoff recipe I make in my crockpot I'll give you.

Lydia & GT said...

crockpot liners were really cheap! $1.50 for 4! I cant wait to try it out!

Randi- I loooooovvvvveeee stroganoff (the hamburger helper kind) so I am sure I will love your recipe too! I cant wait! Let me know how you like it!

Dean Family said...

Wow...I'm definitely adding the liners to my grocery list!!! Thanks Lyd.