Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 5 Months and 1 Day!

I missed an Audrie 5 month post. Boo. And I posted 2 things! Oops. Well, yes she is 5 months old! I really cannot believe it! It does make me sad as she grows but excited to see what she will learn tomorrow.

Here are some things she is up to:


  • She started carrots yesterday and loved them. Of course. I have a feeling she will eat anything.
  • She has been super fussy. Ugh. I have a theory why. She figured out how to roll over so now she is on to a new task: sitting up. When I am cleaning house, doing laundry, etc..I put her on her play mat or in her jumper. Neither of these include sitting up. So she fusses. As soon as I put her in sitting position she is fine. The problem is she cannot sit without me supporting her, and I cant hold her up all day. I hope her "learning" to sit up comes quickly! 
  • We had a few off-schedule days since New Years. I am not really strict on her schedule, however, I enjoy when she goes to be around 9 or 10 and wakes up around 7 or 8. Well on New Years Eve, we went to some friends house. She went to sleep around 10, but we were being really loud playing games, so she woke up around 11 and didnt go back to sleep until we got home at 2 am! And so she slept until 10:30 am. You can imagine the past few nights havent been too fun. But tonight she was asleep by 9:15. I hope we are back into the good sleeping schedule!
  • She has been extremely vocal the past few days, and I even heard some ba..ba..ba... but only once.
  • We have officially transitioned to 6-9 month clothes. :(
  • I measured her tonight and she is 27 inches. Which when I looked it up says it is more than 97th percentile. This means she was grown 7 inches since birth. At this rate when she is 10 months she will be 34 inches. This couldnt be. I hope she will slow down. 
In lieu of turning 5 months and going up a clothing size, and because she is just so darn cute, I took some pictures:
 






My two loves

To the inventor of the bumbo: I love your invention. It is very smart. However, it is not useful to my child because when she is in it all she does is look at her feet. We tried for about 15 minutes to try to get her to look up at the camera. She would not. Her feet are wayyyyy more fascinating. :) 

1 comment:

Lydia & GT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.