Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life of a 5 Month Old

Since my last "Audrie" posts....this is what has been going on:


  • We are finished trying out all the veggies! (and one fruit-Avocado). She is such a good eater. So much better than I ever even imagined! The peas caused her to have a small rash on her cheek. I guess this would mean an allergy, but do I stop feeding her pees? It didnt seem to bother her and it would disappear with hydrocortisone cream...
  • We have started fruits! So far...peaches and pears! Both are kinda sour so she makes a strange face, but likes it. 
  • Here is what her typical food day looks like:
    • Wake up- 6 oz Bottle (Usually this is 8 am-so thats what I am basing the time frame off of)
    • 9:30-  3 tablespoons of oatmeal/rice and an ounce of fruit or sweet potato
    • 12:00  6 oz bottle
    • 1:30 3 ounces of veggies (or 3 ice cubes, same difference)
    • 4:00  6 oz bottle
    • 5:30 or so depending on when she wakes up from her evening nap-- 2 oz of veggie with rice cereal mixed in, and 2 oz of fruit
    • 8:00 6 oz bottle
  • I thought I would share that since I have been doing alot of research on baby food menus. Sometimes I feel like I feed her too much and sometimes I feel like I feed her too little. But this is what works for us right now!
  • Audrie wants to crawl so bad! She can get up on all fours, but she doesnt know how to "go" yet! For some reason in my head, I thought she would crawl around 7 months, so now I am in shock and I would rather her wait to become mobile. But what can you do?
  • She doesnt sit up yet by herself. I am not sure why. I was told she has to sit up before she can crawl, but I dont know if thats the case with her. 
  • Today, she said mama! I know she doesnt know what she is saying and she is just babbling, but it sure was fun! When I feed her, I say yum alot. So she says a form of yum when she wants to eat. While I was making baby food, she was in her high chair and was "yumming" which turned into "mama". She did it like 5 times! 
  • She is loosing her hair in the back, however, her hair in the front is growing like crazy.
  • Audrie has developed cradle cap. It happened just a few weeks ago. And I cant get rid of it! Thankfully, its not that noticeable since she has so much hair and her bow covers it too! It doesnt seem to bother her, but it bothers me!
  • I cant believe she will be 6 months in 2 weeks! 

No comments: