Friday, January 1, 2010

What will happen in 2010?

What I hope happens in 2010:

  • Serve More. We have attended Mobberly Baptist since GT moved here. We joined shortly after we were married. We were in a small group (Sunday School) until the wedding and we just got so busy we stopped going. We didnt join another class or start volunteering because I was preggo and we thought we would moving sometime. Since I am no longer preggo, we arent moving and I am comfortable putting Audrie in the nursery, I would like to serve more in our church and be more involved. Through Mobberly, I would like to get connected with the crisis pregnancy center starting and volunteer. I want to join the choir, but I am a BIG chicken to do it by myself. I love to sing and I love to sing in a choir...but like I said, I am a big chicken!
  • Get pregnant again. If you dont know my plan already, here is: I want to have 4 children and have all of them before I am 30 or be pregnant with the 4th when I am 30. So to do that, I have to have one every other year. So around when Audrie turns 1, we will be trying again. I have this fear it will be hard for me to get pregnant again. I know thats probably silly because we got preggo pretty easy the first time.
  • Make some home improvements. GT and I want to do alot of projects around our house, including: ripping up carpet and either laying laminate wood or staining the concrete, painting, redoing bathrooms, put up a privacy fence, do flower beds, power wash house and garage, get bedroom furniture, etc... I know this probably wont all happen in 2010, but I would like for it to. 
  • Lose weight. This is something I want to do every year. I like to eat. And I like food that isnt for good me. But I need to lose weight. 1. Because if I dont before I get pregnant again,  I dont feel like I will ever! 2. If I dont, I am more likely to have gestational diabetes when I get preggo again. 3. I am more likely to get type 2 Diabetes since I had gestational and because most of my family has it--and being overweight is like asking for it. 
  • Take a vacation. We missed a vaca in 2009 since Audrie was born and lack of funds. We even missed out on taking one we had planned for our 1 year anniversary. 
  • Be a better wife and mother. Both of these could always use improvement and I want to read more/ learn more/ pray more and be always striving towards being a better woman. 
I dont do "resolutions" because they never happen. And when they dont happen it is a disappointment. But this way, it is just things I would like to happen. 

No comments: