Friday, January 8, 2010

Our Love Story Part 1

Like most women, I am a sucker for romance. I began my boy-craziness at a pretty early age. I often wonder why, but who knows. I had many broken hearts and drove my parents (and brothers) crazy. I love to hear a love story. I was telling Lynzie the other day, my parent's story...how they met, how they fell in love. I might share it one day with my moms permission! I love hearing it and I love telling it. But for now I have my love story.

In college, I date a guy off and on for a little over a year. When it was officially over in February of 2007, I had pledged to myself, that I would not date anymore but would focus on my future career as a therapist. The summer was fastly approaching and everyone was going home, or working, or just leaving Tech. The only people staying were my bestie Allison and my male bestie GT. We all decided we would be hanging out alot since we felt like the only people living in Ruston.

In May 2007, the day of Tech graduation (most of our friends were graduating) GT and I went to a graduation party for John Elmore. I remember riding in GT's geo metro (the whee whee, as I call it) and he was blaring rap music he knew every word to. I was like really? really? Anyway, we go to the party. Then after all of our friends had other plans but the night was still young. So GT suggested we go to his duplex and watch  a movie. I was like ok why not. He is my bestfriend. It is good to hang out with your bestfriend when you dont want to date anyone.

Oh was I wrong. So it just so happened his roommate had moved out, so there was no furniture and we had to watch the movie on his laptop on his bed. (We sat up on his bed). We got about 1hr 1/2 into Donnie Darko and I knew it was coming. I was like he is going to kiss me. And he did. And it was awkward.

Then I went home. We went to church the next day. He came over as usual and we rode together. Acting like nothing happened. Then we were making Hamburger Helper after lunch and we kissed again.

So...I didnt know what to think. I remember telling my mom, "I kissed GT, but we are just friends." Her response was, "Oh, brother".

On May 30, 2007, we were watching a movie again, this time on a couch. And GT kissed me again. I had had enough. I was like, "look, I am 22, I dont go around just kissing boys. I did that in high school." To which he replied, "I think we should date." To which I replied, "I dont think we should."  But he talked me into it. (I am sure it was real hard)

Then came GT's graduation from Tech. He had gotten a job with Eastman in Longview, TX. I still had 2 more quarters of school left, and still wanted to pursue a graduate degree.

To be continued...

No comments: