Sunday, January 3, 2010

God is OUR Comfort!

Today our pastor shared a verse I had never heard before...


As a mother comforts her child,
       so will I comfort you.   -Isaiah 66:13


I love this verse! It is such a relief that God is our comfort. My mom is such a big comfort to me. When I am sad, I call my mom. When I am happy, I call my mom. When I am sick, I want my mom. When I am hurting, I want my mom.

Everyone knows how different the comfort of a mother and father are and how sometimes you just want your mama. Sometimes my mom and I call each other just because we need to hear someone's voice who loves us. Not matter what. Such an amazing thought to know we can talk to God at anytime and know He loves us no matter what! 

I thought I would blog this because I figured if I hadnt heard it before maybe someone else hasnt either! 

No comments: