Sunday, January 31, 2010

Our Love Story Part 3

We had been dating for 3 months. GT was beginning his big boy job at Eastman. I was starting a new quarter alone. With no best friend or boyfriend there with me. GT bought me a dog, Allie. First off, I have theories about dogs. 1) Many women get dogs to fulfill their baby fever. I did. 2) many women get a dog with a man to make it a little more of a commitment. I did this too. Ok, that said. He bought me the dog. And he kept saying, she is YOUR dog, not OUR dog for like a month. Then, it became OUR dog.

We talked on the phone every night and saw each other every weekend. I spent Thanksgiving with his family, he spent Christmas with mine. The boy would not tell me he loved me. We were obviously in a serious relationship. I couldnt hold it in any more. At my bestfriends wedding, I told him. I couldnt contain it. He didnt say it back. Awkward. He said he wasnt ready. I was like, really, we have known each other 17 freakin years and your not ready??????

We both knew, I would be graduating in March, but we didnt talk about it. I had forgotten about being a therapist because I wanted to be with GT. In January, GT said, we could look at engagement rings, but we would just be "pre-pricing" them to see how much money he would need to save up. For a future a long way away. We went and looked, it wasnt magical :(   I was sick and didnt feel like it. Not sure what was wrong with me. BUT we were on our way in his truck and he looked over and told me he loved me. And I responded "I know". Not very romantic, but for G it was a big step.

At the end of January, we both knew we wanted to get married to each other. We went and looked at rings again. The store we had found the ring I wanted was out of the style and would get one for a month. We were like no way. So we went to Zales. I found the ring, they were having a sale, he was approved for a credit card....so the ring was bought and sent off to be sized.

GT picked up the ring on a Thursday and came to Ruston. We were going to Birmingham to surprise Allison for her birthday on Friday. I had originally told him I wanted him to propose in Bham, so Allison could be there for it. Well, when he got to Ruston, I knew he had the ring, so I couldnt handle it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to have it on my finger. I have no patience. After eating at the dawg house, I was like, "you wanna go to the park? hint hint" And about 30 minutes later we were engaged.

To be continued...

No comments: