Monday, January 11, 2010

Our Love Story Part 2

As I was trying to fall asleep last night, I thought to myself, well I didnt tell how GT and I met. Here is our history:

GT and I met in Mrs. Barksdale's class in 2nd grade. I do remember him pretty vividly from then. I remember seeing a nail shop and asking my mom if GT's mom worked there since their last name was Nehls. Haha. I guess I didnt know how it was spelt. Then in 3rd grade I had Mrs. Sims and he had Mrs. Welcher, so I dont remember him too much in that grade. Well, we moved. I returned to Calvary in 6th grade. I dont remember much about 6th grade, but it was quite an awkward time in my life. And I dont remember much about GT either. So then 7th grade I went to another school, and 8th grade returned to Calvary. This is when I had the BIGGEST crush on GT! I sat by him in homeroom everyday and tried to flirt with him, but he was real oblivious. I found my old diary where I just talk and talk about how much I like him! Nothing happened in 8th grade with GT, besides the fact I started dating his best friend. Next we start high school. We went to the same high school and church. We ate lunch together and passed notes often. We were always "best friends". He had a girlfriend, I had a boyfriend. Then I move again. Then I came back junior and senior year. We picked up right were we left off. Eating lunch together and passing notes. Everyone thought we were dating, to which GT's reply was "good, that way no one will want to be with me"--HAHA! For GT's 18th birthday, his mom wanted to throw him a surprise party. I was the diversion. After school, we met up with our friends Nathan and Candy to go see Final Destination 2. During the movie, GT and I held hands. The only problem was, I had a boyfriend at the time. :(   Then, when we got to the party, the girl GT liked was there, and he talked to her the whole night and ignored me. This was in January so I didnt talk to him right up until then end of the school year. I was very hurt.

We ended up going to the same college. I remember during the first few weeks of our freshman year, I went to his dorm room. It was like on the 9th floor of Neilson in the last dorm room on the right and we had to take the stairs! Ugh. We watched Mothman Prophecies. I feel alseep in his recliner so went home without finishing it. GT was starting to get involved in the ABS (Association of Baptist Students) and I was involved in the BCM (Baptist Collegiate Ministry). And not to mention he lived with my x-boyfriend. We didnt see much of each other. But every now and then we would call each other and hang out. Especially when we started dating someone new. He would always talk bad about whoever I was dating and I would do the same for whoever he was dating. If we were both single at the time we hung out alot more until one of us begin dating someone else...Anyway, this continued all 4 years of college...and we pick up to where I started the note yesterday...

Back to August 2007...

So, GT was graduating. I remember the night before he graduated. He said he wasnt sure what would happen to us. He just wanted to move and see if we missed each other. ( I agreed with him, but in my heart I wanted to cry. Which I did when I went home. )  He graduated. His mom, step-dad, sister and I helped him load up all of his things, move them to his new apartment. Then we went and ate at I-HOP. The waitress asked us if we were married. I kinda liked the thought, but the look from his mother quickly changed the idea in my head :)   So we went back to his mom's house for a few days. GT was supposed to work for someone until his real work started and I had a few days off until Fall Quarter started.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I had to leave and go back to Ruston. I had to go to work. The whole drive I cried. I got to work and I couldnt stop balling. I got up and went to the bathroom 100 times. I went to check the mail and I cried. I got home from work, went in my room and cried. Finally, that night I talked to GT, crying again, and he was fine. Well, we were supposed to spend a week apart before we saw each other again. We met in Shreveport the next day. I asked my dad to let GT work for him...and we both did. I never cut grass in my life, but was desperate to be with this boy! I knew then that I loved him and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. The only issue there is we had been dating 3 months.

To be continued...

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Lydia!! Of course I remember you!! Thank you so much for your sweet comment and encouragement. It means more than you know :).

I'm loving reading about your precious family! Audrie is simply adorable!! Just beautiful.

Oh, and I saw that you're friends with Randi...small world! They are dear friends of ours as well and such a sweet family too :).

Thanks again, and I look forward to keeping up with you guys!

Much love,
Lindsey